Thursday, January 01, 2004

My Father (by The Bwaz)

My friend Jessica calls me today to inform me that she has two very cute, very friendly kittens that are hanging around her bar. They’ve been hanging around for the past couple of weeks and they look like they haven’t been fed much. I talk my brother into going with me to the bar (so I don’t catch all the blame from Dad for this) and we take a look at these two cats. They are adorable!!! Part Siamese and very friendly. I take one in my car and my brother takes the other. I get home first and walk in with the cat. My dad takes one look at them and says “Hell no, get it out of here!” I begin to plea with him to let me keep the cat. “Hell no Laura, what were you thinking?” In walks my brother with Cat #2. My brother and I both say nothing as Dad goes on and on about how I need to take these two cats back to where they came from and how Meow Meow is barely dead and I’m already replacing her. (Let me interject here by saying that I am in no way replacing Meow Meow. She was the sweetest, most intelligent cat I had ever met. If she comes back, we’ll just have three cats instead of one.) I lead the cats to the food and water. They eat and drink as if they hadn’t done either in days. The cats are allowed to stay but Dad has now labeled me the Crazy Cat Lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home