Monday, June 26, 2006

Monsoon and Fleas

Fleas approaching infestation. Cats avoid the carpet as much as possible. They'll leap across the furniture to avoid touching it. It reminds me of that game hot lava we used to play as kids. I treated them with the flea killer you drop between the shoulder blades. And I'm vacuuming every other day and immediately changing the filter. But it looks like they'll just have to ride it out. The poor little fleabags.

We've had monsoon-like weather the last couple days. This is more typical later in the summer -- like August. The sky threatens rain and I heard reports of rain further south but none here yet. Last night the wind started blowing unseasonably strong just before midnight. I'm not sure which direction -- southerly maybe? But with the strength of a moderate Santa Ana. Dead by morning and again humid and overcast. I find it pleasant. Reminds me of the last part of my trip to China. And perhaps that's what gives me the pleasure. The memory liberated of the experience.

I think I have finally fully recovered from my cold. Although my affliction was never all that acute, it required over month to put down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home